Thursday, March 17, 2011

On arrival

7/3-11

After getting to the airport late I was really lucky to check in my luggage like ten minutes to late, thank you Malev Hungarian Airlines! Even luckier for me the plane was delayed so there was still time to get a beer or maybe two.  Because I was forming this new tradition for traveling, get a couple of beers and listen to The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy radio theatre. Which I can tell is a great way of starting a trip, just listening to someone going on an even greater trip (outer space). Getting on the plane I was feeling relaxed from the beer, so I just got seated and felt this was going to be a nice flight. Again many big ups to the airline company, which brought me the following things totally for free: 1 cup of coffee, 1 sandwich, 2 glasses of red whine and finally when the red ran out 1 of the white.

Since my plane was delayed I had to hurry for the next plane in Budapest – Where I also found the guy I am going to spend the next year living with. His name is Carl, and that is about how much I knew about him before the trip began. The second plane was not as much fun as the first, but I slept so it was okay. So now we had arrived in the capital city of Macedonia, Skopje, and got picked up by the President of the organization we where going to work for. I guy who I at first thought was a lot older, mainly based on the dressed up facebook photo, than his real age of 21. So now we just had to go by car from the northern top of the country to the southern end, maybe something like 200 km. It was a decent ride going by the mountains with great views. After some time we arrived in the town of Bitola, where we are going to live and do our volunteer work.

We are now living on the third floor of a big house with the owners one stair down, so we just got settled in and went down to say hello and got some pretty good cold coffee drink from them. After that we went to buy breakfast for the morning and pretty much said good night to the world! 

Ending with some photos of me, Carl and the place we are living in.


That would be me!
And this is Carl








P.S. I had nothing to do with the decorations in the apartment, it belonged to one of the owners daughter earlier.

2 comments:

  1. waouh what a beautiful place !
    Thanks to note that the decoration is not yours because I was little suprised ! ;)
    See you
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah, and it truly is a beautiful place, just now i realized i havent put pictures from the best spot yet!

    ReplyDelete